Discounts available for multiple bookings
Price excluding VAT
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
SharePoint Power Users & Site Administrators
* This course is applicable to SharePoint 2016, 2013 and 2010
Discover how to create custom libraries and lists as well as how to change the settings of common list and library tools to suit the requirements of the users.
This 2-day course is directed to “Power Users”, “Super-Users” or “Site Administrators”
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge to use more of the advanced tools in Microsoft SharePoint.
A basic understanding and use of SharePoint would be beneficial and attendance of the basic overview course is recommended.
- Understanding the security model
- Creating and managing Groups and the security protocol
- Permission levels
- Assigning and managing group permissions
- Managing inheritance
- App and item level security
- Understanding the various upload methods including
- Single document upload, explorer view, drag and drop, multiple document upload
- Using and creating columns (Metadata)
- Creating public and personal views
- Metadata navigation
- The document Check in and check out process
- Version control, major and minor
- The Basic approval process
- Creating bespoke user views for the current user
- Creating bespoke views based on date columns
- Understanding content types
- The Global content type hub
- Attributing metadata to content types
- Using content types to publish templates
- Using content types in libraries
- The document set content type
- Using and configuring Document Sets
- Auto Tagging using Document sets
Taxonomy and Global Metadata
- The Advantages or Taxonomy and global Terms
- Folksonomy and keywords
- Using the Term Store
- Create a Term Set Group
- Creating and Importing Hierarchical Term Sets
- Using Terms in Apps
- Using built in apps such as Calendars, Contacts and Tasks
- Creating custom lists and metadata
- Using Excel to create data connected spreadsheets
- Analysing data to create reports
Wiki pages and Layout Pages
- Publishing pages and web parts
- Modifying the Quick Launch and Top Bar navigation controls
- Using the content editing ribbon e.g. in Content Fields, Content Editor and Wiki
- Using metadata to improve page search results
- Understanding and using Web Parts including:
- Content Editor
- Media and Content web parts
- Script Editor web part
- List web parts
- Useful Links and Auto styling Web Parts
- Search web parts
To book a place on this course, enquire about dates, or to find out about bulk discounts and special offers, please call us now on 020 8763 8732.
If you can no longer attend a course you have booked on, the following terms will apply depending on how many calendar days remain before the course date:
More than 30 days: You will be offered a full refund, or you may change to alternative course dates, or you may change the name on the booking.
21 to 30 days: You will be offered a 50% refund, or you may change to alternative course dates, or you may change the name on the booking.
14 to 20 days: You will be offered a 25% refund, or you may change the name on the booking.
0 to 13 days: No refund is offered, however you may change the name on the booking.