Wireless networking solution for a large church building
- Poor wifi coverage
- Unreliable wifi for guests in the café (open to public)
- No security on the wifi network (no password/encryption)
- No separation of devices (guests were joining same network as office computers)
- No bandwidth management
- Kids from school directly next door able to connect if close enough
New CMS website for non-profit
CMJ Israel recognised that it had a somewhat outdated website in need of an overhaul to include mobile site functionality to cater for the sharp increase of mobile smart phones browsing. CMJ identified the benefit of moving to a Content Management System to enable both general oversight and local updating and ownership of content by ministry leaders.
SharePoint based intranet for a charity
- Share information around their staff over many sites
- Collect information from various shops in the charity
- Collect information on giving from the public including signatures
- Host and process company information such as holidays and timesheets
Implement new network infrastructure for growing business
- Quick growth of company creating challenges in ensuring users and devices comply with regulatory requirements.
- Main database hosted on a cloud server over VPN incredibly slow and difficult to use with additional (unnecessary) monthly costs.
- Devices connected by daisy chaining switches due to cabling limitations resulting in slow performance due to bandwidth sharing.
- Old hardware running home editions of Windows resulting in limitations and poor performance.
SSD upgrade to increase the performance of a PC
HBF had multiple slow and old machines in the office that were preventing staff from working as productively as possible due to sluggish performance and frequent crashing of the operating system. Everything took a while to load and apps often froze or became unresponsive.
Membership Website for the Association of Lighting Designers
The ALD is a membership organisation of 800+ active lighting and video professionals. Their old website was authored in native PHP and served them well for the best part of a decade. It included the ability for individual members to create micro-sites where they could showcase their portfolio of photos and show credits, and upload dates and details of forthcoming productions they are working on. The ALD wanted to move to a modern platform, facilitating an updated design and benefit from a more fully-featured CMS.
Logistics booking system built on Drupal
The Fairs and Events team at DB Schenker UK is responsible for the smooth running of transport and on-site logistics for numerous large tradeshows and exhibitions across the UK, Europe and further afield. Until 2018 the F&E team had relied on a combination of in-house managed SharePoint forms and spreadsheets. Bookings from customers were all handled manually, and information flow was difficult.