Discounts available for multiple bookings
Price excluding VAT
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Microsoft Project Basic Introduction
The course will help you become familiar with the Project environment, browsing and navigating project files through a hands-on experience.
You will learn how to use Project 2016 and all of its basic components including setting up and configuring Gantt charts, configuring assigning and managing resources and costs through to resolving over-allocation and levelling.
This course will help you meet the following objectives:
- Understand Project management concepts
- Configure Gantt charts and use dependencies and constraints, Resources and Costs.
- Create Baselines and Mark up tasks on percentage completion.
- Report production and output as well as basic evaluation of costs for variance, expenditure and budget analysis.
Basic Project users.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required by an end-user of Microsoft Project 2016.
Some basic project management skills would be preferable
Microsoft Project Scheduling
- Auto and Manual Scheduling
- Effort Driven Scheduling
- Task Relationships
- Lead & Lag Times
- Setting Tasks to Manual Scheduling
Setting Projects to Auto Schedule & Effort Driven
Overview of Microsoft Project
- Command Tabs
- Short Cuts
- File Architecture
- Changing the Timescale
- Timescale Options
- Non-Working Time Tab
- System Options
- Task Information General
- Task Information Predecessors
- Task Information Resources
- Task Information Advanced
Task Information Notes
Creating a Project
- Creating a Project
- Setting the Environment
- Base Calendars
- Resource Calendars
- Setting the Baseline
- Updating Tasks
- Updating Actual Work
- Updating a Project
Clearing the Baseline
Outlining a Project
- Project Summary Task
Indenting and Out-denting Tasks
- Entering Resources
- Assigning Resources
- Resource Driven Projects
- Working with Resources
- Resource Sheet
- Resource Information Dialog
- Assigning Resources
- Resource Over Allocation
- Automatic Levelling
- Task Usage View
- Resource Usage View
- Setting Soft & Hard Constraints
- Scheduling Conflicts
- Deadline Dates
- Deadline Indicator
Missed Deadline Alert
- Overview of Views and Reports
- Printer Settings
- Page Setup
Configuring and Adding Subprojects
- Creating a Resource Pool
- Sharing Resources
- Managing the resource Pool
- Reviewing Workloads
- HR Business Partner, Croydon Council, February 2017
- PA, Corporate, LGC, July 2017
To book a place on this course, enquire about dates, or to find out about bulk discounts and special offers, please call us now on 020 8763 8732.
If you can no longer attend a course you have booked on, the following terms will apply depending on how many calendar days remain before the course date:
More than 30 days: You will be offered a full refund, or you may change to alternative course dates, or you may change the name on the booking.
21 to 30 days: You will be offered a 50% refund, or you may change to alternative course dates, or you may change the name on the booking.
14 to 20 days: You will be offered a 25% refund, or you may change the name on the booking.
0 to 13 days: No refund is offered, however you may change the name on the booking.