AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT Basic Essentials - training course (2 day)
2-day AutoCAD training course designed for Basic to Intermediate AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT users
This two-day AutoCAD training course is designed for Basic to Intermediate AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT users who require a foundational understanding of the product. It incorporates the core functions, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings using AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT.
Target Audience for AutoCAD Basic Essentials
Beginners to Intermediate users in design or drafting roles who want to understand the basics of drawing in AutoCAD. If you already have a good basic knowledge and want to know more about the advanced techniques in AutoCAD then do look at our Intermediate AutoCAD training course.
AutoCAD Training Course Objectives
The primary objective of this course is to teach delegates the key commands necessary for professional 2D drawing, design and drafting using AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT.
AutoCAD Training Pre-Requisites
No experience required.
Topics covered in this course
- Pure Coordinate drawing
- Relative Drawing
- Drawing at Angles
AutoCAD Tool Options
- Mouse settings
- Snap selector settings
- Screen colours
Creating Basic Drawings
- Creating Basic Objects
- Using Polar Tracking, Polar-Snap and Object Snap
- Working with Units
- Creating New Objects from Existing Objects
- Changing the Angle of an Objects Position
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing Objects
- Creating Objects Patterns
- Changing an Object's Size
Drawing organisation and inquiry commands
- Using Layers
- Changing Object Properties
- Using the Properties Palette
- Using Linetypes
- Trimming and Extending Objects
- Creating Parallel and Offset Geometry
- Joining and Breaking an Object
- Applying a Radius Corner to Two Objects
- Creating an Angled Corner Between Two Objects
- Changing Part of an Object's Shape
- Creating Multiline Text and single line text
- Using Text Styles and Editing Text
- Associated Hatching and Islands
- Editing Hatch Objects
- Creating Dimensions
- Using Dimension Styles
- Editing Dimensions
Working with reusable content
- Using Blocks
- Using Tool Palettes
Creating additional drawing objects
- Working with Polylines
- Creating Splines and Ellipses
- Using Tables
Layouts and plotting
- Using Layouts
- Using Page Setups
- Using Viewports
- Plotting Drawings
Testimonials for this course
- Bookkeeper, PA LVX Builds Limited
- Chartered Surveyor, B Bailey & Co
- Director, ANTHEA INVESTMENTS LTD March 2017
- Head of HSE EMEA, AIG, October 2015
If you can no longer attend a course you have booked on, the following terms will apply depending on how many calendar days remain before the course date:
More than 30 days: You will be offered a full refund, or you may change to alternative course dates, or you may change the name on the booking.
21 to 30 days: You will be offered a 50% refund, or you may change to alternative course dates, or you may change the name on the booking.
14 to 20 days: You will be offered a 25% refund, or you may change the name on the booking.
0 to 13 days: No refund is offered, however you may change the name on the booking.